Monday, January 26, 2009

I CAN POST ABOUT SOMETHING OTHER THAN A BAG (but first you have to read about the monk bag!)

Now that plans are being finalized for the second-every-few-years-or-so-Hathaway Daughters Chick-Trip (we really need to shortened that), the trip to the Oregon Coast to our favorite Bed and Breakfast, a trip to Hawaii, a trip to Washington DC for a wedding, and a trip to Utah (whew! What a summer! Yay!) I am in the market for a fabulous travel bag. It needs to have wide shoulder straps so my loot doesn't break my neck, it's got to just drop stuff in - camera, water bottle, maps and have a zipper pocket for my monies. A monk bag fit the bill.
I still need to get a zipper to try adding a zippered pocket. I also added a magnetic snap to the top of this one so that the goods don't dump out.
I think this may be my favorite bag of the four. Even if the pockets are wonky. Which they are. My eyes must be crooked. I got the pattern tutorial here at the Purl Bee.

The bag does look great on Sari but she will not be going on the Chick Trip. She'll have to wait until The Summer Before Her Senior Year.


Made another one - a prototype for my height challenged friend (she's tall) and I would think that she has a hard time finding cross-shoulder bags that don't get stuck under her armpits. I am thinking anyway ... I wouldn't know what it's like to be tall. (And while at my above mentioned friend's house, she has INDEED offered me a PHONE BOOK to sit on! And I needed it but I refused because of my short pride.)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you are going to have a very wonderful spring and summer. Must be a sugar-Mommie out there someplace!!!! The bags are really stylish. As has been indicated before, you should open an on-line store.
    Love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Sounds like you will be having a blast this spring/ summer!!
    Love the hide n seek pictures! So fun when siblings play like that!
    Ok so um are you working on my bag?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I am the yr of the snake as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which bag are you going to take to Hawaii? Or are you going to make a new one, so you can fit in the sunscreen, flip flops, bikini, hat, water, camera, pineapple drink, muu-muu, latest book club book, sunglasses, Larry's thong, towel, snacks, maps, poi, boogie board, goggles, flippers, life vest...and don't forget to order a Lava Flow. Those are the best drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bags! It sounds alot like the blue BYU travel bag (and I STILL use mine!), only much more stylish. It sounds like you are going to have a fun time celebrating the end of WINTER! (And can I say that I am sooo glad that I am not the only one with a laundry basket full of socks that never get folded!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, the bags, the kids, all of it!

    ReplyDelete